--- Department of Education Teacher Workshops, July 22-23, 2008, Carlos Rosario International Career Center, Washington DC
--- Technology Tools for Teachers Training & Workshop, Kenmore MS, Arlington VA
---- Engaging and Assessing the 21st Century Student with Progress Zone, January 30, 2009, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring MD (sponsored by the OSSE and Discovery Education)
----- DC CAS Alt Training, October 9, 2008, Maime D. Lee School
---- Special Education Data System (SEDS), June 17, 2008, Van Ness Elementary School
---- A Paradigm Shift for Special Education "Tools for Succeess", August 19, 2008, Kellogg Conference Hotel @ Gallaudet University Washington DC
* Using Assessment Data Effectively in Your School and Classroom (Tools for Success), Kennedy Krieger School Programs Washington DC, August 19, 2008 (Patricia Tenowich, email@example.com, 443-923-7800)
* Behavior and Learning
* UDL and RTI (Universal Design for Learning and Response to Intervention)
* Neurology of Learning
* What Every Teacher Should Know About IDEIA( Bernadette Bullock OSSE, Dennis Martin PhD Osse, Paula Perelman OSSE)
* Classroom Management: An Essential Component of Differentiated Instruction Grade K-9, Rick Berry, Superintendent of Schools, Peace River, Alberta, Canada (Topics included: introducing a differentiated classroom to students, routines and procedures, the physical classroom, group work, managing different grops, choices, homework)
* Differentiated Intervention Strategies that Support Struggling Students in the Regular Classroom, K-1 (Jim Grant, Executive Director, Staff Development for Educators)
- July 2007, Making Data Work for You (AFT)
- April 2008, National Board Certification (NBPTS) 90 recertification units
- August 2007, Presenter, Welcome Back DC Educators Conference
- April 24, 2008, Special Education Forum
* Pilot Case Management Program, Edith Coakley, OSSE SPED Reform Team
* IDEA & NCLB: An Intersection of Legislation, Lisa homas, AFT
* Introduction to Writing Effective IEPs, Dr. Phyllis Harris, DCPS OSE Deputy Chief
- May 14-16, DC Educators Service & Leadership Conference
- May 29, 2008, Special Education Forum
* How to Write & Implement Effective IEPs, Dr Phyllis Harris, DCPS OSE Deputy Chief
Staff Development days
Teacher Consultant/ Technology Liaison, DC Area Writing Project
Teacher Consultant, National Writing Project
Technology Committee, Council for Exceptional Children
DC ChapterVP for Special Educator, Washington Teachers Union
Jefferson Middle School Planning Committee
AWARD/ GRANT Received this year:
DonorsChoose.org, $500 educator's grant
- Recognized by TeacherFirst.com in innovation and exemplary use of educational technology to facilitate students understanding of curriculum, encourage writing as expression, and promote good writing skills. (message here)
- Awarded a $5,000.00 grant by the National Writing Project for the DCAWP Technology Liaison’s proposal: “NetPals: Networking Education through Technology”
- Presenter for a Professional Development Institute at Mc Kinley HS for DCPS World Languages teachers, September 28-29, 2006.
- Trainor/ Presenter, 2005 New Teacher Orientation of the DCPS Induction and Mentoring Program, August 23-25, 2006
- Chico, CA National Writing Project Advanced Summer Institute for Technology Liaisons, July 18-23, 2006
- Presenter for the National Writing Project’s E-Anthology, during the DC Area Writing Project’s Summer Institute, July 19 and 26, 2006.
- Presenter for the DCAWP Summer Youth Writer’s Camp, July 14, 2006.
- Recognized by DCPS as a Distinguished Educator for Excellence in Education (click here for the write-up)
- "Picturing Writing: Fostering Literacy Through Art", 18 Seat Hours, August 9-11, 2005
- Trainor/ Presentor, 2005 New Teacher Orientation of the DCPS Induction and Mentoring Program, August 12-14, 2005. "Shining Stars" write-up and video presentation of my lecture, click here
- Delegate for the DC Area Writing Project to the Technology & Writing Retreat in Nebraska sponsored by the National Writing Project, August 5-7, 2005. Write-up of the retreat click here
- Assessor for Scoring National Board Certification, by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, 76 Seat Hours, Summer 2005 (write up click here)
- Is a Professional Member of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
- Is able to publish students’ poetry: http://www.digitalanthology.blogspot.com/.
- Is the 2006 DC Area Writing Project Technology Liaison/ Teacher Consultant.
- Is nominated for the 2006 Disney Teacher Awards.
- Attended the National Writing Project Annual Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (November 18-20, 2005)
- Attended the National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (November 18-20, 2005)
- Was trained for ENCORE, the new DCPS Special Ed Tracking System, was given a username and password.
- Is the committee head for the Jefferson Cyberjournalists Team who maintain the Jefferson website.
- Is able to collaborate for a CyberPals Project with a National Writing Project Technology Liaison based in Western Massachusetts.
- "Teacher On Call" in a mentoring program for the DCPS new teachers by the DCAWP Teacher Consultants
- Edtitorial staff of "Quill and Keyboard", an official newsletter by the DC Area Writing Project to be distributed locally (DCAWP Teacher Consultants, Howard University, George Washington University, DCPS) nationally (National Writing Project Teacher Consultants of every state) and globally (I am maintaining the Quill and Keyboard e-zine)
- Presented to the 9th Grades English Class at Mc Kinley Tech HS on online publishing of their research projects, and collaborated with them on the Martian Village: 2030 Thinking Classroom Blog at http://thinkingclass.blog-city.com/ where they add their voice to conversations about the future (March 17, 2006)
- Tutor (Reading/ Language Arts), PLATO Learning Services after school tutorials.
- Co-Facilitator, "CHINATOWN PROJECT" sponsored by the Black Women's Playwright's Group after school program (April-May 2006)
- Attended the Spring Meeting of the National Writing Project Teacher Consultants at The Capitol, Washington DC (April 6-7, 2006)
- Was a facilitator during the 5th DCAWP Festival of Writing. (May 6, 2006)
- Created the E-Journal of the "Costa Rica Project", a DCPS Project where students were chosen from Coolidge, Banneker, Eastern, Dunbar and Luck C. Moore High Schools. They will spend approx 4 weeks studying and living with a family in Costa Rica for two weeks and then traveling for two more weeks throughout the country.
- Presentor to the Literacy 2006: Bridging the Divide Convention.
- 2006 DCPS Distinguished Educators and Grant Recipients for Excellence in Education Awardee (click here)
- The only new teacher this year to be selected as one of the 14 Fellows to the DC Area Writing Project Summer Institute with $3,000 Scholarship Grant from the School of Education Howard University (post graduate courses); with straight A’s in the Howard University transcript.
- Was given the title “Teacher Consultant” after the DCAWP Summer Institute.
- Was trained for the effective use of Special Ed Tracking System (SETS), was given user name and password.
- Was accepted as a Professional Member of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
- Successfully passed the PRAXIS II (Academic Skills Assessments), was given a Professional/ Standard License
- Earned 51 Seat Hours of Professional Development Training
- Conducted 13 IEP Meetings and finished 13 IEP Reports
- Was able to publish students’ poetry: http://www.digitalanthology.blogspot.com/
- Was highly trained for the Woodcock-Johnson III Test of Achievement
- Was a panelist for the ETS Standard Setting Study for Assessments in The Praxis Series
- Was nominated for the 2005 DisneyHand Teacher Awards
- Was appointed as the new DC Area Writing Project Technology Liaison
- Conducted a workshop with the DCAWP Teacher Consultants on Integrating Writing and Technology in the Classroom (Blog) at Eastern HS
- Attended the National Writing Project Annual Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. (November 18-20, 2004)
- Attended the National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana (November 18-20, 2004)
- Attended the Council for Exceptional Children Annual Convention in Baltimore, Maryland (April 9, 2005)
- Attended the Spring Meeting of the National Writing Project Teacher Consultants at The Capitol, Washington DC (April 6-8, 2005)
- Attended the Texas Instruments International Convention for Teachers Teaching Technology, Hyatt Hotel Washington DC (March 19, 2005)
- Was a lecture-presentor to the DCPS teachers enrolled in the DCAWP wrting and reading graduate course on "Integrating Writing and Technology Inside the Classroom". (June 15,2005)
- Was a lecture-presentor during the 4th DCAWP Festival of Writing on "Integrating Writing and Technology Inside the Classroom". (May 2005)
- Was a panelist with presentor Jerry Fluellen to the DCPS Conference at Mc Kinley School of Technology, June 23, 2005
- Attended the DCPS Conference on Literacy 2005, June 23-25, 2005 attended by more or less 2,000 DC Public Schools teachers at Mc Kinley School of Technology